French Test Prep Classes
April 15, 2020 - Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are not able to offer any in-person classes at the present time. We continue to offer private tutoring (by phone or Zoom), our online French Grammar Class and our our traditional "in person" French Classes are now available online.
Are you getting ready for a French Language Test? Not sure what you can do to prepare?
These classes are designed to help potential French Proficiency candidates understand the Provincial and Federal language tests they will be doing.
French Test Prep – Oral Expression
French Test Prep – Reading Comprehension
French Test Prep – Written Expression
Depending on which of these 3 classes you choose, you will have the opportunity to practice your interview skills, reading comprehension and writing skills, similar to the actual test situations. You'll get lots of feedback to help you showcase your skills and get the best possible result on your testing!
How classes will be run
Classes will be held using Zoom (an online meeting platform)
- You’ll need to create a Zoom account for yourself (it’s free) – go to https://zoom.us/
- You will be required to enter a password and the Instructor will control who is allowed in the class by using a waiting room. This makes Zoom more secure.
- When you use Zoom, you can turn your video on (so others can see you) or leave it off (so they only hear you)
- All materials will be provided by email.
- If you attend 4 of the 6 classes, you’ll receive a certificate of participation.
Tips for using ZOOM
- Have other sites (banking, etc.) closed during Zoom sessions
- Use a different username/password combination than you have for other accounts (so create a password that you don’t use for anything else).
- You should download the desktop or mobile app (depending on the device you’re using) before you plan to use it (so don’t wait until the class is about to begin – do it sooner)
- Once your invoice is paid, you’ll be sent a meeting number and a password to join the meeting.
- DO NOT SHARE the meeting number/password with anyone – this is how we will keep everything secure.
- When you join the meeting, you’ll be in a waiting room until the instructor can verify that you’re one of our class members.
How to register and pay
Registration fee is $129.99 + HST for 6 hours = $149.49 – receipts are provided
- Must register via firstname.lastname@example.org to get your invoice by providing
- Your full name
- The email address you want to use (we will send your invitation to join the class this way)
- The class you would like to register for (Oral, Reading or Writing)
- You’ll get an electronic invoice that you can pay using an Email Money Transfer, Credit Card or PayPal. It’s very simple to do!
- If you have any questions, you can add those in your email as well.
- Invoice to be paid online (email money transfer, PayPal or credit card payments are accepted) before you start your class. Once your invoice is paid, you'll get your link to your online class!
Who is offering these classes?
- Blakely Language Services is a small, well-established language training company based in Fredericton, NB.
- We have been teaching French classes (private and group) since 1998 to members of the general public, private sector and all levels of government.
- Heather Touchie Blakely (B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed.), Founder and President of Blakely Language Services is a certified French Teacher with 25+ years’ experience teaching children and adults